"Mistrust those in whom the urge to punish is strong." Friedrich Nietzche

"Any and all non-violent, non-coercive, non-larcenous, consensual adult behavior that does not physically harm other people or their property or directly and immediately endangers same, that does not disturb the peace or create a public nuisance, and that is done in private, especially on private property, is the inalienable right of all adults. In a truly free and liberty-loving society, ruled by a secular government, no laws should be passed to prohibit such behavior. Any laws now existing that are contrary to the above definition of inalienable rights are violations of the rights of adults and should be made null and void." D. M. Mitchell (from The Myth of Inalienable Rights, at: http://dowehaverights.blogspot.com/)

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Sweet Memories of Susan . . . a poem

How I ache at the loss of you.
But, oh, the memories that I keep.
How I hate you for becoming my enemy,
Taking from me that which was sweet.

Never more shall I hold you, hear you,
See you, smell you . . . or taste your lips.
Never more shall I dream of you and me
And Bunny Ranch. That's gone now; rest in peace.

But I have my memories,
Slightly tinged with bitter over the sweet.
I have my memories still,
Which, overall, are good and I shall always keep.

Oh Susan my love! Oh Susan my enemy!
How I hate you, but mostly, oh, how I love you,
And ache with memories of other times;
Memories that are happy; memories that are sweet.

(February 1998)

No comments: